Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: tricks´n secrets for faster track times?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member newgsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24th, 2000
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)


    Hey There,

    I would just probably say to drop the tire pressure to about 18-20psi, don't do a big bad burn-out just spinn the tires a little bit to get the rock chips out so you have a full or better contact pach than before.

    And maybe if you have time take some stuff out of the interior of the car, like vielleicht der rucksitz und die ersatzreifen. Auch wenn du hasst mehr zeit du kansst den beifahrersitz herausnehmen.

    Just my 0.2 cents......

    ------------------
    94 GSR 14.973 @ 95.03mph no interior, all stock!! Baby, all stock!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JG Luder's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2001
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Damn, you just went straight German on us... lol

    Better times? N2O... smile that'll work. smile

    ------------------
    "It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

    Drive it like you stole it.
    If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

    http://www.hondaprelude.com/setups/s...gen=4&orderby=

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Some people have said not to redline it in 1st. Something having to do with our gear ratios and torque peaks. Instead, redline it around 7000 - 7500 rpm.

    Lemme know how that goes. smile
    I've personally always redlined it in every gear.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member austrian type-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    604
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys!

    Can you tell me some tricks?n secrets to get better times for the 1/4 mile acceleration. I?ll put my stock 15" rims with 205/50/15 back on. Tire-pressure on hot days, cold days? ....remove stereo.....don?t wheel spin....?????

    Tell me something, I know you have some secrets, USA is the DRAG-land!!!!

    ------------------
    Supercharged ITR?98 @ 5.5psi
    BTC unit, Apexi VAFC, K&N short ram intake, skunk2 cam gears, Kamikaze 2.5", ceramic header, Thermal 3" exhaust, RC 310 injectors, Cartech FMU, AEM FPR
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...622&a=12515817
    http://www.geocities.com/autitr/myin...l?991952862150

  5. #5
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Personally, I don't powershift with my SC, but if you dare to, you'll defintely take a 10th or 2 off.

    Next best thing, is the "clutch tap" which is the best description of speed shifting I know, but you barely engage the clutch, and you have to make a conscious effort to do it through the quarter mile.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member GSRcaucAZN78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2001
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I get consistent 13.80's @ 100mph when I take 1st gear only to redline. When I take every gear to redline my times are worse.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GSRcaucAZN78: Wow. . . what's your setup?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •